Code for Good

Girl Develop It SF

Posted by Shemika Lamare on August 19, 2017

Girl Develop It San Francisco was hosting a Code for Good Week. The idea was that they would be hosting events each day where people could come and help organizations with small projects. I decided to attend the day that was to help Girl Develop It with updating their teaching materials. I had been having some issues with Git and Github so I figured this would be a chance to solidify my skills so that I could work on my projects.

For every time we resolved an issue our name was entered into a giveaway for at the end of the event. And of course I'm on a winning streak....and won! After having one of the TA's work through the process and getting my questions answered; I was able to easily update the teaching materials.

I won a $100 gift card for Turo; its a car rental company similar to GetAround. So now that means I need to take a trip out of the city.

After the workshop, I tried working on my projects that involved using Git & Github and I was successfully able to use them!! I am beyond excited.